Points of View – talk to us, not a brick wall.

If you have a comment about Canterbury City Council’s services – povlogowhether it is good or bad – we would like to know.

What is the Points of View scheme ?

Points of View is the name of our comments scheme. We want to actively encourage you (our customers) to give us your opinions about any of our services. This can be in the form of any comment, compliment, complaint, suggestion or any other point of view.

Why are we interested in your point of view?

We want to make sure our services meet the needs and wishes of the people who use them or are affected by them. This is why your views on our services are important and why we have introduced the Points of View scheme to make it easier for you to let us know what you think of them.

If you are pleased with a service we provide or the way a member of staff has dealt with you, we would like to know.

If you are unhappy with the level of service received or in the way a member of staff has dealt with you; if you are upset about something we have done, or something you think we have not done; please let us know. Wherever possible we want to put things right quickly and if there is a problem we want to stop it happening again.

If you have an idea or suggestion that could help us improve our services, why not tell us?

Our commitment to providing quality services has been recognised by independent government inspectors who carried out an assessment of Canterbury City Council’s services and declared us an ‘excellent’ council. To ensure that we continue to deliver an excellent service, we need your feedback.

How can you give us your point of view?

You can give us your point of view in any of the following ways:


Complete our online form

In writing via post, fax or e-mail

If you want to send us your point of view by post, fax or e-mail, you will need to include the following details:

your name;*
your address;*
your telephone number;*
your e-mail address;*
name of the service you are commenting on (if known); and
your point of view.
(*only if you require a reply from us)

Our address Canterbury City Council, Military Road, Canterbury CT1 1YW
Our fax number 01227 862 020
Our e-mail address pointsofview@canterbury.gov.uk

By completing a Points of View comments card

These are available at all of our offices, information centres, museums, galleries and libraries, and are already addressed and postage paid – all you have to do is fill it in and post it to us.

By phone (for points of view on specific services) – 01227 862 000

Most of our departments have direct dial phone numbers. Our Contact Centre operators will either be able to help you directly, or transfer you to the correct person.

By phone (for general Points of View enquiries) – freephone 0800 035 1020

Call our freephone number if you have a general query, are unsure of who you should contact, or need advice before making any comment on our services.

By minicom, for textphone users – 01227 781 313.

In person

You can give us your point of view in person at any of our offices:

Canterbury – Military Road
Herne Bay – William Street
Whitstable – Harbour Street
Please go to reception and a member of staff will help you. If you want to talk to a particular person we suggest you ring them first.

What happens after you’ve given your point of view?

Where a reply is needed we aim to provide a full reply within 14 days. If we are unable to do this, we will let you know who is dealing with it; their telephone number; when you can expect to receive a full reply; and we will keep you up-to-date with the latest progress.

If your point of view is a complaint, we will explain in our reply what you can do if you are not satisfied with the outcome. This is also explained in the ‘what can you do if you’re dissatisfied with the reply?’ section.

All departments keep a record of the comments, compliments and complaints received and use them to look at the services provided to see if they can be improved. A summary of this information is also reported quarterly to the Strategic Management Team. The names and addresses of people who send us their views are not reported as all personal details are treated in the strictest confidence.

Data protection

To help us to improve our services, your comments and personal details will only be stored and used for purposes that are registered with the Data Protection Office.

For more information about your data protection rights, please call 01227 862 017.

Or for general information about the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights visit www.ico.gov.uk

Weather Forecast

The location could not be found.